Highland Classic Update 2021

Highland Classic 2021 – Fantic Edition – Update:

The Team Inverness committee met on Monday 25th January and on the agenda was the Highland Classic 2021.

At present we plan to run the trial on 12/13th June and we now have the FIME registration number via the ACU.

The committee decided to fix the date by which we would have to make a final decision as to whether or not to run the trial, the date chosen is Friday, April 30th which is 6 weeks prior to the event.

This should give enough notice for entrants to cancel any accommodation or travel arrangements.

At present we are currently exploring options with regard to catering on site and WC facilities for the event.

All this with regard to health, safety and welfare and of course Covid regulations.

For safety reasons, Punch cards will not be used this year, instead, each observer will use a observer’s sheet covering all 200 entrants. This limits the observer/rider contact and will reduce any queuing at sections considerably.

As a direct consequence, we may not have our usual awards ceremony or results available at the end of the trial, but we are looking into options at this time.

We may have to reduce the contents of entrants welcome packs this year as a higher percentage of the entry fee will be used to providing facilities this year, due in part to Covid-19.

All entrants who have secured an entry will continue to be updated by e-mail.

We are now inviting those who are willing to observe at this year’s Two-Day to make contact the club representatives, Jimmy Jenkins (07798904066) or Nigel Robertson (07743854206).